Monday 20 February 2012

The first seeds of the year

The propagator now hosts its first sproutings of the year, so things are improving in my gardening world.  Knobbly little lupin nuggets are poking above the surface of the seed tray, so whilst my outdoor garden activities are still limited to relaying the patio, I share the propagator's warm fug of delight at actually seeing things start to grow.

Sprouting potatoes are lurking in the porch, and the 'March' section of my seed shoebox is tempting me to get more things going.  I've got to rein in the urge to sow too many seeds though - as the snow last Saturday reminded me - must try to be patient, hold on and wait for things to warm a few more degrees to give things the best chance of surviving the unheated greenhouse which awaits them...

Itching to get going....